At ASAP Serve, we deliver a wide variety of legal papers. We thought it might be helpful if our clients, and anyone else reading this blog, knew more about the papers we serve. The following are just a few of the many types of papers that our process servers can serve.
- Forcible Detainers: Also know as eviction. When someone refuses to leave a property that they no longer have the legal right to occupy. This usually happens when a tenant quits paying rent. If the tenant refuses to leave, the landlord could seek a legal remedy. This may eventually result in a forcible detainer being served to the tenant.
- Restraining Orders: In Arizona, restraining orders are referred to as either injunctions or orders of protection.
- Orders of Protection: This type of court order is designed to protect you from being harmed by an aggressor, usually from domestic violence. The aggressor may be related or have some type of relationship with you currently or in the past.
- Injunctions Against Harassment: If someone, even if they are a stranger, is directing repeated acts against you that are causing substantial emotional trauma, then you may be able to file for this type of injunction. They typically last for only twelve months.
- Injunctions Against Workplace Harassment: If you are harassed or threatened at your workplace, even once, your employer (or someone authorized by your employer) can file for this injunction. The harasser will then be legally prohibited from coming near your workplace or contacting you.
We hope that these brief explanations will help you to better use our legal system to protect yourself and your loved ones. Please allow us to help you through any of these unfortunate processes by serving your papers quickly and efficiently. Feel free to ask us about these or any of our other services.